Isn’t it a little too early to make resolutions for the new year? You probably just thought something along those lines. In my case, it’s just in time because a) I have a list of things knitting related that I want to do for sure and b) there is enough on my knitting plate between now and Dec 31 that I won’t be able to get to any of it, and c) with the gift giving season coming up I can manipulate my wish list to accommodate the accomplishment of said things. So voilà! Instant new year knitting resolutions.
The list in no particular order:
- Knit a Eunny Jang design
- Knit a Connie Chang Chinchio joint (or three)
- Make another pair of Glenna C’s ribbed socks, but for myself
- Learn to knit socks two at a time on circulars
- Learn to knit toe up socks
- Pay a designer directly for a pattern (i.e. magazine purchases don’t count)
- Knit at least two things from my collection of knitting books/magazines
- Do some test knitting/get my tech editing on for someone else out of the goodness of my heart
- Visit a yarn shop I haven’t been to yet
- Knit myself some capsule pieces
- Knit something out of yarn i I recycle/upcycle myself
- Make my daughter a dress and matching hat (and maybe find a way to make myself coordinate)
- Knit my husband a (washable) sweater
Yup, a lot of these things can get knocked out simultaneously. Hurrah for efficiency!